At Apricus Health we understand that living with painful conditions such as injury or chronic illness has an immense impact on your quality of life, your sense of wellbeing, motivation, and both your physical and mental health.
This is why we invest in innovative therapy solutions, such as red light therapy and InterX therapy, to enhance the treatment outcomes for all our clients.
What is Red Light Therapy?
The process involves a gentle non-invasive therapy that doesn’t apply heat or break the skin unlike surgical lasers. Its main purpose is to both treat the cause and alleviate the symptoms of pain; easing pain using the body’s natural healing process. Red and near infra-red light is applied over injuries or scars to improve wound and soft tissue healing, reduce inflammation and give relief for both acute and chronic pain. The laser lights act as an energy source to stimulate cells and tissues, to improve their function, and promote blood flow and healing.
- Red Light Therapy is used by our therapists to:
- Provide pain relief by treating the cause and alleviating the symptoms
- Accelerate healing, getting you back in action faster
- Reduce inflammation and swelling, meaning less discomfort after an injury
- Soften scar tissue, and reduce adhesions, allowing more movement and a more pleasing appearance of scar tissue (flatter and less red)
- Reduce reliance on pharmaceuticals under your doctor’s supervision That’s why we have taking an innovative approach to providing relief and recovery. Using proven word class tech-health therapies, we are leading the way in Australia to offer effective non-drug based therapies and pain relief.
What is InterX Therapy?
InterX is a therapy device that can painlessly, immediately and effectively offer pain relief, improve joint movement and reduce swelling caused by injury or disease.
As a non-invasive neuro-stimulation, InterX is used externally to stimulate the body’s nervous system by delivering pain-free electrical stimulation to unhealthy, painful or poorly functioning cells. This improves cell productivity and kickstarts the body’s own healing process. During treatment, the InterX stimulates endorphin release from the brain – the body’s natural pain relief hormone – which provides lasting pain relief. As a result, the need for ongoing use of pain medication is reduced or even removed.
InterX uses the same technology as a TENS machine, which has been widely used by therapists for over 30 years. While TENS and InterX both use electrical stimulation, InterX has the unique ability to measure energy levels in the cells being treated. It uses that data to adapt the dosage to suit the individual patient’s pain levels and, as a result, it is far more effective than TENS. It also can better target trigger points and tissues that are causing referred pain. InterX has a variety of settings that enable the therapist to treat a wide range of conditions including chronic conditions that no longer respond to other treatments.
InterX Therapy really is an all-rounder when it comes to pain management, and can be used in relation to many painful conditions including but not limited to:
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Chronic or non-healing wounds
- Painful fractures
- Joint stiffness and pain such as osteoarthritis
- Tendinopathies or repetitive strain injuries
- Nerve injuries or disturbance
- Pain post-surgery
Do I need a Referral?
No, you do not need a referral to access these therapies. To book in for an initial assessment give us a call or send us an email.