What is neurological rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation that is tailored to meet the needs of those with a neurological condition or impairment that affects their brain or spinal cord and often impacts the way in which their muscles move.
Neurological conditions that we commonly see at Apricus Health are:
- Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Focal Dystonia
- Degenerative neurological disorders (e.g. Motor Neuron Disease, Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Parkinson’s Disease)
How can Apricus Health help me with my rehabilitation?
At Apricus Health we have occupational therapists, physiotherapists and therapy assistants that work collaboratively with you to provide individualised, evidence-based interventions to help you achieve your goals and live the life you want. We offer clinic, home, school/workplace and community appointments and can also work collaboratively with other key support people and health professionals currently involved with your care.
What types of interventions do you currently offer?
At Apricus Health we have specialised hand therapy, paediatrics and community based rehabilitation teams who can offer a range of therapeutic treatments and solutions such as;
- Upper limb hypertonicity assessment and intervention including splinting, casting, referral for Botulinum Toxin injections, functional electrical stimulation and home exercise programs
- Goal directed routines-based therapy in the home and/or school or community
- Equipment solutions and assistive technology prescription
- Home modifications
- Community access and mobility
Do I need a referral?
If you are an NDIS participant, then we can work with you under your current funding plan. If you are self-managed, you can contact us directly to make an appointment.
If you are working with a support co-ordinator then you can ask them to contact us directly to work out the best way for us to work with you.
You don’t have to be funded under the NDIS to see our team. We can work with you as a private client. If you have private health insurance, and depending on your type of cover, then there may be a rebate that you can claim through your insurer. Please check with your individual health fund for specific details about what your fund offers.