Were you or one of your employees injured at work?
Whether it’s a sudden workplace accident or a repetitive strain injury, Apricus Health can be a part of your care from day one right through to your return to work and beyond.
From splinting and wound care to rehabilitation post-surgery, our accredited hand therapists will work with you to regain strength and functionality after a workplace injury. We can also assist in alternative pain management treatments and therapies.
Common workplace injuries that we treat are:
- Nerve conditions including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive Strain Injuries including Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow and DeQuevain's Syndrome
- Fractures of the fingers, wrist and hands
- Dislocation of the wrist and fingers
- Crushing of the hand and wrist
- Traumatic amputation
Our therapists are able to assess your fitness to work, recommend a suitable duties or return to work program and perform worksite assessments to provide postural, ergonomic recommendations to facilitate a safe transition back to work.
It’s important to know how to report the incident and file a Workcover claim. The following steps can help guide you through the process:
Steps for Reporting an Injury in the Workplace
- Notify your supervisor of the injury or accident as soon as possible.
- Your employer should provide you with their insurance details, but if they don't, most companies in Queensland are insured through http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/ or by calling 1300 362 128.
- Schedule a visit with your doctor and obtain a Workcover medical certificate.
- File your claim with Workcover.
To be seen at Apricus Health for a workplace injury, you'll need the following information:
- Your Doctor's referral letter
- Your Doctor's medical certificate.
Note: You will not incur any out-of-pocket expenses for upper limb therapy treatments or products. We are able to see you up to 3 times without an approved WorkCover case as long as there is a valid medical certificate.
If you have any questions regarding Workcover appointments, contact us on (07) 4755 2337 or email email@example.com.