Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Join our caring and dedicated team as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist (full or part-time) and make a real difference in the lives of young people and their families. We work closely with our client's support networks, from teachers and early educators to other allied health professionals and specialists. At our organisation, we provide support to children presenting with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Social and Emotional Difficulties, Down Syndrome, Developmental Delays, and Learning Difficulties.
About the Role:
As a Paediatric Occupational Therapist, you will work alongside a passionate team of occupational therapists and therapy assistants. We offer fully equipped therapy rooms with up-to-date resources, and our innovative approach includes home-based programs to support parents and the entire family in creating a calm environment. Additionally, we provide services at childcare centres and schools, ensuring we meet children in the environment that suits them best. Our therapy approaches are flexible and tailored to each client's interests and needs.
You will collaborate with our Senior Paediatric Team Leader, who offers direct face-to-face supervision and ongoing clinical support. Expect one-on-one meetings, team case conferences, educational opportunities, and support for your professional growth.
- Support and empower clients to experience progress, recovery, joy, and comfort.
- Conduct clinical assessments and provide treatment in various settings, including clinics, schools, communities, and homes.
- Collaborate with the Apricus Health team to deliver holistic care to clients.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent experience throughout their journey.
- Share specialised knowledge and skills through education, in-services, seminars, articles, blogs, workshops, and other knowledge-sharing opportunities.
- Actively contribute to service delivery, guiding clinic planning and programs to maintain a paediatric service to be proud of.
- Work with other clinicians to identify, review, and improve clinical processes.
- Ensure your clinical team meets professional development outcomes.
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy recognized by the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (or international equivalent).
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) (or current international equivalent with the ability to obtain AHPRA registration).
- First Aid, CPR training, and NDIS Workers Screening, or willingness to obtain them.
- Full driver's license.
- The right to live and work in Australia long-term or the willingness and ability to apply with no known barriers to emigration.
- Able to commit to a minimum 12-month contract.
Why work with us?
Join a supportive team who take pride in who we are, what we do, how we do it and what we can achieve together. We offer excellent working conditions and a diverse team that embraces innovation and passion, striving for excellence in client care while continuously improving our range of services. You will have access to fully equipped therapy rooms and a plethora of local outdoor environments for therapy sessions as well as the ability to offer therapy at home and schools.
Additionally, you will enjoy:
- A positive work culture within a values-based organisation
- Generous professional development allowance.
- Above-award pay.
- Wellness package.
- Relocation assistance if required.
- Direct face-to-face supervision from a Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist.
If you are ready to join us in making a positive impact, please fill out the form below to apply. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!